Saturday, July 19, 2014

The Home Stretch


First of all, here are our most recent pictures of our dear Jordan:
























Our little boy is getting a little bit bigger!  

I've been terrible at updating but now as we are in the home stretch, I'm going to try to do better. 

We hit two minor snags in the last month that delayed us a couple of weeks.  People who were at the same place as us in the process last month, before the I800 (our last immigration step), are actually in China right now!!  It's been frustrating to have other people's mistakes result in delays, but we're so close now ourselves, that we've too busy to really focus on that.  We should have travel approval this week or next week.  We're going to try to leave as soon as possible after travel approval. 

I met a woman (in an adoption group) that traveled to China in June to pick up their son that had been in the same foster home as Jordan.  She was kind enough to take some pictures and video of Jordan when they visited his foster home.  I don't even know how many times I've watched and re-watched the video footage.  It's so great to see Jordan's big smiles.  Although, I couldn't help but notice that every time the nannies say "mama" his face drops.  It breaks my heart just a tiny bit.  He is obviously in a good foster care situation and the nannies love him.  We'll be taking him from what he knows and probably loves.  The nannies have shown him our pictures and have told him that his mama is going to come for him.  He does not look thrilled.  I have to remind myself that his foster care home is temporary, if he wasn't being adopted, he would eventually end up back in an orphanage.  And that the best foster care organization/orphanage situation can not compare to being a part of a family.   And if he stayed where he is, he wouldn't have access to the doctors and medications that can make a huge difference for him.  We know that Jordan is meant to be a part of our family but I am preparing myself for a heartbreaking first few days, and hope that he will be able to feel our love for him and transition quickly.  



No comments:

Post a Comment