Saturday, March 15, 2014

5 Months Work

Today was a big day... it was huge.  I went to the post office and dropped off a package that consisted of a stack of papers, about an inch thick, some photos, and two checks.  When I handed it to the postal worker, I asked him to take care of my baby.  Silly, I know, but I was feeling a bit protective.  Then I tried to keep myself composed as I walked out of the post office.  I didn't expect to feel emotional simply dropping off a package, but these papers are the product of the culmination of 5 long months of hard work.  Sending them to our adoption agency was our final step in compiling our dossier.  It feels so amazingly good to be making significant progress!

 Here is a look at the ridiculous amount of paperwork involved in an international adoption:  
The two columns of papers on the right, (with all of the pretty little signatures and seals that cost a pretty penny) and the stack of papers in the front of the left column, were what I sent off today.  The other three stacks are papers I keep keep filed away in folders.  I wish I had a picture of all of the grant application paperwork I've done too.  A There wouldn't be room enough on our bed for all of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment