Saturday, August 9, 2014

China: Day 10 On to Guangzhou


This morning we packed up and left for Guangzhou, where the US Consulate is located and where Jordan will have his adoption medical exam and where we will get Jordan's visa to enter the United States.  (hopefully on time)

Little man was NOT happy to be on another bus.

Luckily he fell asleep fairly quickly.

This kid gets crazy sweaty when he is not happy.

The dreaded first airplane ride went much better than expected.  I credit this to all the prayers on our behalf.  So if you were among those praying for us, thank you, thank you, THANK YOU!!!  


I mean, look at this kid.... first of all, he spent part of the trip with mom, which is becoming a big deal, and second, he was smiley!

The Greber Puffs also helped our cause, though our supply is now running dangerously low!!


We made it!  Happy to be moving on to a new city.

... and happy to have an upgraded bus with suspension and air-conditioning that works!


Thumbs up for an uneventful bus ride.  I don't think I even heard him grind his teeth.

A quick nap on the way to our new Hotel.

Blue skies in Guangzhou, we're feeling good!




Two things we have learned that Jordan loves... his shoes and being naked.

Best of both worlds.

Spontaneous hug for Daddy.... yes, I'm jealous.

Taking a bath with Kaitlyn.  He needed it after all of his sweating on the bus.

Something Jordan does not love: being dressed after being allowed to run around in his diaper.  We've definitely moved past the honeymoon stage.  This kid can throw a pretty good tantrum when he doesn't get what he wants.  But he is still pretty stinking cute.

 We had a quick dinner at the McDondalds right next door to the hotel (they have hamburgers!) and went back to our room for bedtime.  Jordan went right to sleep tonight, which was such a relief after last night and makes me think he really wasn't feeling his best yesterday.  I'm starting to get a sore throat and ear ache, myself, and wonder if I got it from Jordan.  Hoping to sleep it off tonight.  So, I should probably sign off and get to bed.

1 comment:

  1. I'm loving this. I think Jordan and Aspen are going to be good friends. They are so similar :)

    ReplyDelete