Thursday, August 14, 2014

China: Day 15 Last Day In China!

This morning Ryan and the girls went to the Zoo with the rest of our travel group.  The weather looked like it might be dicy, so I stayed back with Jordan, intending to start packing for our trip home tomorrow.

The zoo got good ratings from Ryan and the girls.  They said it was large and beautiful and had a lot of fun animals.










After everyone else left for the zoo, while I was blow drying my hair, the power to our room went out.  Just then, housekeeping came by so I told them about the power and decided to take Jordan to breakfast while they cleaned and figured out the power situation.  When we got back from breakfast, the power was back on and Jordan and I played together for a while before I decided to try to finish blow drying my hair.  I don't know why I even try to dry my hair... in this humidity it goes frizzy in within minutes of walking outside and then I end up pulling it up into a ponytail anyway... I guess I just want to start every morning looking like I at least attempted to get ready for the day.  Once again the blow drier worked for a minute and then the power went out.  I called the hotel desk and they sent someone to check it out.  This time they sent a man up a ladder, into the ceiling, where they stayed until after Ryan and the girls got back from the zoo.  Apparently they needed a part that they didn't have and had to send someone out to buy, but the man with his legs hanging out of the ceiling stayed there until they came back with the part.  In the end, I didn't get much packing done.  The picture above is of Ryan, Jordan, and the legs of the man "fixing" our power.

Ryan thought it was silly, but I got a waving cat to take home.   Bargaining for it was half the fun.  The cute sales girl told me it cost more than the other cats in her shop because of the "bling".  I laughed and mimed to her that the "bling" aka "glued on glitter" wasn't worth much because you could just blow it off.  She thought that was hilarious.  Maybe because I still wanted the cat even though I knew it was cheaply made?  Or that I was calling her bluff?  I don't know but we both had a good laugh and I did NOT pay more for the cat with the bling.  The next day, when we were walking past her shop, she saw me and shouted out "BLING!" and we both laughed again...  it was our little inside joke :)

Getting our adoption certificate and Jordan's Visa from our fantastic Rep, Jason.  Thank you again for all of the prayers.  We are so thankful that we got the visa without a delay!! 


We said goodbye to those in our group that were leaving for Hong Kong today, then went out to eat with the remaining family that will be leaving with us in the morning.  We ended up eating at an Egyptian restaurant.  It was actually quite good and and fun experience.  

Maddie was feeling brave and ordered pigeon.  She said it was delicious.

Kaitlyn had a yummy shrimp pasta dish. 

 It was nice to have a break from both Chinese food and McDondalds, both of which we have had more than our fill of.  
On a side note, I have to say that I have been so very glad we were able to bring Maddie and Kaitlyn on this trip.  Overall they have been a huge help with Jordan, very patient while waiting around for us to do paperwork, or while Jordan is napping, and a lot of fun to be have along.  It makes me happy to know what amazing memories they'll have of our trip to China.

A picture of our current hotel... for one more night.  Not looking forward to being jet lagged all over again, but so excited to get home!!  That is if we survive our 28 hour journey home.  More prayers are welcome!

1 comment:

  1. Home stretch!!! Have safe and uneventful travels home, and I can't wait to meet your little man. Love you!

    ReplyDelete